I’ve recently learned about this chemical called “dihydrogen monoxide,” or “DHMO.” It sounded really dangerous, so I looked up some facts.
-Is called “hydroxyl acid”, the substance is the major component of acid rain. -Contributes to the “greenhouse effect”. -May cause severe burns. -Is fatal if inhaled. -Contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape. -Accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals. -May cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes. -Has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Despite the inherent dangers, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
-As an industrial solvent and coolant. -In nuclear power plants. -In the production of Styrofoam. -As a fire retardant. -In many forms of cruel animal research. -In the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical. -As an additive in certain “junk foods” and other food products.
Everyone spread the word! We all need to do our part to warn people about the dangers of this chemical.